Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity’s goal is to connect individuals and communities with opportunities needed for thriving by educating the public, building the capacity of allied social justice organizations, and investing in efforts that support equity and inclusion.
The National Urban League is a historic civil rights organization dedicated to economic empowerment in order to elevate the standard of living in historically underserved urban communities. Founded in 1910 in NYC, the National Urban League spearheads the efforts of its local affiliates through the development of programs, public policy research and advocacy. Today, the National Urban League serves 300 communities in 36 states and the District of Columbia, improving the lives of more than 2 million people nationwide.
ARTICLES & TEXTS
- Buhin, L., Vera, E. M. (2009) Preventing Racism and Promoting Social Justice: Person-Centered and Environment-Centered Interventions Journal of Primary Prevention 30(1), 43-59
- Henry, F. (2009) Racism in the Canadian University: Demanding Social Justice, Inclusion, and Equity
- Graham, J. R., West, L. M., Martinez, J., & Roemer, L. (2016). The mediating role of internalized racism in the relationship between racist experiences and anxiety symptoms in a Black American sample. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 22(3), 369-376.
- Greer, T. M., & Spalding, A. (2017). The role of age in understanding the psychological effects of racism for African Americans. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 23(4), 588-594.
- Jetelina, K. K., Jennings, W. G., Bishopp, S. A., Piquero, A. R., & Gonzalez, J. R. (2017). Dissecting the Complexities of the Relationship Between Police Officer-Civilian Race/Ethnicity Dyads and Less-Than-Lethal Use of Force. American Journal Of Public Health, 107(7), 1164-1170.
- Shoshana, A. (2016). The language of everyday racism and microaggression in the workplace: Palestinian professionals in Israel. Ethnic And Racial Studies, 39(6), 1052-1069. doi:10.1080/01419870.2015.1081965